Modhumoti Bank Limited is one of the most high-performing, compliant, and socially responsible 4th generation…
The JAAGO Foundation Job Circular is a great opportunity for job seekers. The Finance and Admin Officer will be responsible for checking vouchers, processing payments, ensuring the filling of the documents, preparing monthly reconciliation statements, maintaining petty cash funds for the project, conducting periodic field visits, and supporting the project team in the field on financial and administrative procedures. The position is also responsible for deducting VAT and tax from vendor/consultant and individual payments and ensuring deposits to the government Treasury within the timeframe, as well as issuing VAT coupons and preparing VAT coupon-used reports for the project.
The Finance and Admin Officer is also responsible for assisting the Finance and Admin Manager in the preparation of financial reporting, ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures, handling accounts payable and receivable, reconciling financial records, assisting in financial analysis, and providing administrative support, including handling office supplies and coordinating meetings.
- Responsible for checking vouchers and processing payments.
- Issue a VAT coupon to the vendor or consultant for settling the VAT on vendor bills.
- Properly coding the expenses as per the budget line.
- Assist the supervisor with the preparation of the monthly financial report.
- Assist the supervisor in the preparation of project advance schedules, petty cash reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare VAT coupon reports for the project.
- Ensure deductions source taxes and deposits to the government Treasury per regulations.
- Maintaining petty cash funds for the project.
- Ensure proper filing system for documents related to finance, e.g. the donor contract, monthly report, fund request or invoice, budget, modification, fund disbursement documents or records, etc.
- Ensure proper documentation and preservation of project files and folders related to asset and inventory management as well as the administrative function of the project.
- Prepare a VAT coupon usage report and provide it to the supervisor.
- Assist the supervisor in the preparation of the statements and information required by the audit team as per donor and NGOAB requirements.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Manager in managing correspondence related to Finance and Admin for the project.
- Ensure all logistics are as per field requirements.
- Oversee the usage and maintenance of all project equipment and motorcycles.
- Maintain the asset register and inventory schedule.
- The administrative function, e.g., records management, inward & outward mail, purchasing, etc.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support for organizing meetings, training, workshops, events, etc. Organize venues for meetings, workshops, and training under the program.
- Provide any other administrative support as needed for the projects.
- Arrange travel management (air, bus, train, vehicle rental, etc.) for project staff.
- Complete other assignments needed for the day-to-day operation and as delegated by the supervisor.
- Maintain liaison with other JAAGO Foundation Trust staff as necessary for the accomplishment of day-to-day work.
Job Summary for JAAGO Foundation Job Circular
|Educational Requirements:||Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in Accounting, Finance|
|Job Location:||Chattogram, Dhaka|
|Salary:||30,000 TK ( Monthly )|
|Age:||Age: at most 40 years|
|Published on:||15 November 2023|
|Application Deadline:||14 December 2023|
Age: at most 40 years
Preferred experience in the finance department in the development sector or NGOs;
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential.
Sound knowledge of Excel and financial software (Zoho Book) will be an extra advantage.
Sound knowledge of VAT and tax regulations.
Self-motivated, energetic, and a team player.